Hunting Equipment and Gear Must-Haves for Your Next Hunting Escapade
You may be very excited to go on your next hunting expedition. Yet, you also know that there is a chance that you might forget something. Can you imagine being in the area? You would look at your bag and realize that there are some things that you do not have. It can place you in a bad mood for the rest of the adventure.
Knowing the basic things needed for hunting will definitely make a lot of difference. The more that you hunt, the more that you will become familiar with the items that you need. In no time, you will be packing like a pro. The best part is that as you improve your skills, you will also have the right budget to purchase the things you need.
You should not be ashamed of being a beginner. All people should start from somewhere. The things that you need to bring may be very basic. They will be the foundation that you need to know the right products to get next time.
Some of the things that you need are the following:
- Apparel: You can bring camouflage clothes when you want to observe your prey. You would also need to bring orange clothes so that other hunters will know of your existence.
- Boots: Can you imagine going into the area without the right hunting boots? You can lessen the stress that you may feel with the right footwear. The easier it will be to walk around the area, the better.
- Backpack: This will carry the things that you need to bring with you.
- Binoculars and Other Gadgets: There are going to be some tools and accessories that you need to use to make hunting easier. You can spot game even from afar with the use of the right gear.
- Bows: Let us say that you are the type of person who would rather use bows instead of rifles. You can choose between a compound bow or a recurve bow. It would depend on what you can use better.
- Camera: The camera can be used to record the game that you will hunt. At the same time, the camera can be very entertaining to use. Just make sure to choose a weatherproof camera that will be able to withstand the surroundings.
- Firestarters: Can you imagine if you would be alone in the middle of the area? You may not have anything with you. If it gets cold, you may not have the right heat source. Firestarters will allow you to start a fire easily. You can also start a fire when you need to cook food.
- First Aid Kit: There are a lot of people who get into hunting accidents every year. You do not want to be a part of these people. Still, you need to be extra careful. The kit should contain materials that will help you clean wounds. First aid supplies should also have bandaids, ointments, and so much more. A water purification set will be very helpful too.
- Flashlight and Batteries: Do you know that one of the ways that people are able to recognize other people is through their items? If you do not have any other orange item anymore, using a flashlight will alert other hunters about you. You do not want to get into an accident when you are not wearing the right clothes.
- Food: This is always going to be important. Some people would hunt and cook what they have hunted. If you do not want to do this, you can also bring your own food. You are recommended to bring some granola and protein bars. You need to keep your strength and energy up. Having some dried fruit will be helpful too. One piece of advice to remember is to not bring anything that may rot easily. This explains why dried food products are normally brought here.
- Guns and Ammunition: If you are not fond of using the bow, using guns is fine too. There are different types of guns that are available. Some are more recommended for hunting than others. Remember to research enough about guns before making the best choice.
- Products for Hydration: It will be harder to live without clean water as compared to not eating enough food. Having enough water will keep you alert and hydrated. Some would use the iodine pills to clean water. Some would use other mechanisms to make this possible.
- Knives: Some people would use knives for protection. Others would use knives because they need them to cut other items. Knives can also be useful in cleaning game when you choose to cook and eat them.
- Mapping Devices: You need to know the area where you would be hunting. It is okay if you are not familiar with it as long as you have a partner with you. Yet, you still need to have the right mapping devices. These items will let you know where your exact location is. It will also help you plan where you are going to set up to get the best game.
- Phone: Some people may think that they do not need to bring their phone anymore. Going hunting will probably not want to make you stay on your phone the whole day. Yet, you also have to remember that your phone will help you get in touch with your loved ones. There are some solar chargers available that will help power up your phone. You can be gone for a few days or so. Having the right power sources will help.
- Ropes and Cords: You may never know how important these things are until you already need them. Make sure that the item that you are going to have is sturdy enough. If not, you are going to wish that you have packed one or two.
- Scent Killer: One reason why you may be unable to hunt properly is the animals will pick up your scent. The scent killer will help animals not recognize your scent. With that said, you should probably leave your colognes and perfumes at home. You are not trying to impress anyone. This is the time when your scent should be killed.
- Proper Shelter: You may need to stay in an area for a long time. Your goal is to make it as comfortable as possible. A nylon tarp plus a paracord will be ideal to keep you dry enough especially when it starts to rain. It will not be able to protect you from the cold but it will be able to at least increase your comfort.
- Toiletries: You still need to clean yourself up even when you are in the wild. Having the proper toiletries will also increase your level of comfort.
- Trash Bags: There is a need for you to bring all of the items that you have brought out as trash with you. Dispose of your trash properly so that nature will continue to give.
There may still be other things that you have to bring with you. The ones mentioned above are the basics that will help you survive your hunting experience. Are you ready to start soon?